DIM SUM MASTERCLASS
Introduction Dim Sum means “touch the heart” in Cantonese Chinese. The small portions were designed to merely touch the heart not sate the appetite, and as such were first enjoyed as snacks. Over time, however, yum cha (Dim Sum served with tea) has evolved, and the cuisine is now a vital part of Chinese culture.
Chinese Cricket Club Restaurant is proudly one of the best and only Dim Sum restaurants in The City to create Dim Sum every day with the freshest ingredients and behind every tasty Dim Sum is the skillful hands of our lady Dim Sum chef, Mai Lan who has mastered and gained her expertise in Hakkasan restaurant.
The dough for steamed dumplings is made from fine wheat flour, potato starch and water, which gives it the characteristic chewiness, with additional colouring from natural vegetable sources (spinach for green, beetroot for pink, and carrot for orange). The Dim Sum is then stuffed with a meat, seafood or vegetable filling before being steamed to plump deliciousness.
Join our Dim Sum Master Class and master the art of making Chinese dumplings.
• Arrival drink – Glass of Prosecco with lychee
• Introduction and history of Dim Sum – by Head Chef, Ken Wang
• Demonstration – by Dim Sum Chef, Mai Lin
• Preparation and eating – by attendees
• Sample menu – 1) Vegetable Spring Roll, 2) Deep Fried Chicken Wonton, 3) Chicken Sui Mai, 4) Scallop & Prawn Sui Mai, 5) Seafood Wor Tip
• Unlimited Jasmine tea and fresh mint tea to end.
• Departure gifts – History of Dim Sum note, chopsticks, flowering tea, and a dinner voucher
Start at 6:00pm – 8:00pm finish
• Monday 9th January
• Monday 6th February
• Monday 6th March
• Monday 3rd April
• Tuesday 2nd May
• Monday 5th June
• Monday 3rd July
• Monday 4th September
• Monday 9th October
• Monday 6th November